Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chippendale Benches Needing Love

Aren't these benches great?! They have great bones. I was in disbelief when their former owner wanted to dump them; no way was I going to allow these beauties end up in a landfill. I mean come on, look at those Chippendale-style backs (swoon). But I'm not complaining, as they say, "One man's trash is another woman's treasure". . . especially when its free (smile).

Unfortunately and fortunately (since I love DIY projects), they're in bad shape and extremely dirty; one even has a broken arm (2nd pic), however, with a bit of elbow grease, sanding, priming, painting, and love, these ladies will sing once more. I can't wait to start this project.




I'm thinking about painting them black and adding an accent pillow for a splash of color.


Or do you think white would be a better choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment